Definition - What does Wireline Tools Equipment mean?
Wireline Tools are certain category of tools which are used when any well workover and intervention related activities needs to be performed in an already producing oil or gas well. These tools are designed in such a way that they can be easily lowered down into the well bore. A wireline is nothing but a cabling system which has a string attached and all the workover equipment can be lowered into the borehole being attached to this string.
Bracetool explains Wireline Tools
There are many uses for which wireline tools & equipment are used. Some of the primary purpose of wireline tools is as follows:
- These tools helps in evaluating the reservoir & rock properties.
- Helps in locating casing collars.
- The current formation pressure in the reservoir as well as pore size can be examined with the help of wireline tools.
- Helps in Identifying properties of liquid present in the reservoir.
- Helps in bringing the sample of fluid from the reservoir to the well surface for examining in the laboratories.
Below are some of the listed wireline tools used in the oilfield:
a)Wireline tool string;
i) Shifting tools & many more.