KOT series kickover tools are designed to run 1.00” and 1.50" valves into side pocket mandrels and to install and retrieve flow-control devices that have an integral orienting sleeve.
KOT series tools are run into a well using standard wireline techniques. The orienting sleeve aligns the kickover tool above the side pocket, ensuring accurate installation or retrieval of flow control devices.
KOT series tools can also be used to install or retrieve dummy valves, corrosion-monitoring coupon carriers, and other devices.
During running and pulling procedures the KOT series tools do not require pinning between runs. Once the tool is retrieved through the top of the side-pocket mandrel, the arm assembly is pushed back into position. The quick re-cock feature eliminates the need to remove the tool from the tool string which reduces the wireline time. This also gives the operator multiple attempts to either set or retrieve a control device without pulling out of the well.
- Can be used for gas lift, chemical injection, waterflood, corrosion monitoring, and other applications.
- Installing 1” OD devices in various tubing sizes.
- A spacer bar is required for pulling operations.
Key Features & Benefits
- Quick re-cock design increases valve installation and allows for several valve installation/removal attempts without having to pull out of the well.
- A valve catcher is available with the tool.
- Adaptable to accommodate larger tubing sizes.